How Digital Pigeon is Handling GDPR
Digital Pigeon4 May 2018
Privacy is something that all of us hold dear. The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming into effect May 25, 2018, so we are clarifying how Digital Pigeon will comply moving forward.
Digital Pigeon is built with the view that everyone interacting with our service has a right to privacy. This includes our customers and their file recipients Digital Pigeon acts as a Data Processor on behalf of our customers, who act as the Data Controllers.
We have high standards when it comes to protecting everyone’s privacy. As a global business, it is important that we align ourselves with the GDPR and assist our subscribers to ensure that they are compliant with GDPR when sending their files.
Here is an outline of how we are ensuring GDPR compliance.
- We've appointed a Data Protection Officer.
- You can contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific concerns.
- Our customers will be able to remove all of their account data, in line with their right to be forgotten. This functionality will be extended to the account administrators, allowing them to remove the data of anyone they send files to or receive files from.
- Users can obtain additional consent from recipients accessing files and also when receiving files.
- Obtain additional consent on creation of a Digital Pigeon account.
- New documentation will help customers ensure that they are GDPR-compliant when sending files to recipients.
- We will help customers understand which users have or have not given prior consent for previously received files.
- We will disclose the 3rd parties that we have data processing agreements with (i.e. Mailchimp).
You can expect further updates regarding our compliance before May 25, 2018. We're looking forward to continuing to provide a platform that allows you to send your files while protecting the privacy of all users involved in the process.